Technology has become an integral aspect of our lives. We rely on it for everything from our banking to our grocery shopping. And while the benefits of such a change in our lifestyle are obvious, it also presents significant risks. Virtually all data and personal or corporate information is managed and stored electronically.
Whether it be profiles of employees, credit card information or sensitive demographic information about customers. The risk to smaller businesses is ever increasing especially medical establishments.
Medisure Indemnity Australia is now able to offer CyberEdge; A comprehensive and specialised product that provides coverage for cyber-crime across a broad spectrum of circumstances. CyberEdge provides coverage for personal data liability, corporate data liability, outsourcing liability, data security liability, data administrative investigations, data administrative fines, repair of the company’s reputation, repair of individual reputation, notification and monitoring costs, electronic data and defence costs. CyberEdge also provides optional coverage for media content, cyber extortion and network interruption.
Key Additional Benefits:
• Data Administrative Investigations – Provides costs and expenses for legal advice and representation in connection with a formal investigation by data protection or other authority.
• Data Administrative Fines – Insurable fines and penalties imposed by a government authority, regulator or data protection authority for a breach of data protection laws or regulations.
• Notification and Monitoring Costs – Provides costs and expenses of the insured for the legally required and voluntary disclosure to data subjects.
• Reputational Repair of the Company and Individual – Reimbursement of costs incurred in relation to reputational damage due to a claim covered by this policy.
• Wide Definition of Insured – Including director or partner, in-house counsel, data protection officer, chief compliance officer, employee, estates or legal representatives of any insured.
• Wide Definition of Data, Data Protection, Breach of Duty.
• Media Content – The collection, creation, release, printing, broadcasting or distribution of media content, advertising and written, printed, video, electronic, digital or digitised content that results in an infringement; plagiarism, piracy or misappropriation or theft of ideas; libel or slander committed without malice; or an intrusion, invasion.
• Cyber Extortion – Any extortion loss incurred as a result of a security threat.
• Network Interruption Insurance – Net income (net profit or loss before income taxes) that would have been earned; and continuing normal operating expenses incurred, including payroll as a result of a security failure.
Starting from $992 inclusive of all charges and 10% commission.
If you would like to know more please contact Medisure on 07 3426 0440